Cacao Powder in Coffee
Today I’m going to go over what cacao powder is, why you’d want to put it in your coffee, and how to make it. If you have never heard of this delicious little trick, keep reading. It’ll be sure to be your favorite morning drink.
Coffee is more than just a pick me up to me and many others. It’s a tradition that can bring people and communities together. Coffee creates conversations and connections that moves the world forward.
With that said, why not create a coffee that’s truly memorable.
What Is cacao Powder
Cacao refers to any of the food products derived from the cacao bean that have remained raw or minimally processed. Raw cacao powder is made by cold pressing un-roasted cocoa beans. This process retains the living enzymes and removes the fat, IE cacao butter.
Cacao is a mineral rich food. It has high amounts of iron, copper, manganese, and zinc. It’s also an excellent source of magnesium. If you didn’t know, magnesium is a mineral that is essential to most of the body’s important biological processes. Not only that, it’s unfortunately lacking in the American diet.
Why Would I Want To Put Cacao Powder in My Coffee
Well first, almost everyone loves the delicious flavor of chocolate. Who wouldn’t want to add that taste to their coffee?
If that’s not enough for you, here’s a few more reasons.
1. Start your morning with the antioxidant benefits of cacao powder.
2. Cacao contains little to no caffeine, however, it has plenty of theobromine. Theobromine is a compound that’s closely related and acts as a gentle stimulant.
3. Cacao powder has anti-inflammatory properties that’s surely going to be needed with the stressful day that you probably have ahead.
4. Add a small amount of turmeric to this recipe to supercharge the anti-inflammatory properties of your morning drink.
5. If you really want to supercharge the anti-inflammatory properties of this drink, consider adding coconut oil. It will help with the absorption of the curcumin in the turmeric.
How Do I Make This Delicious Coffee Blend
Depending on your coffee routine, everyone may make this differently. Below is how I make it.
1 cup of your favorite hot brewed coffee
1 scoop of Belizean Cacao Powder
1/2 tsp Belizean Turmeric to increase the anti-inflammatory properties
Mix all ingredients together in blender.
Blend for 20 seconds and enjoy your frothy delicious coffee.